Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #98, 1 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Garden #98

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #98
plantladylin wrote:
Rita: So sorry about your fall, I hope your posterior (and ego) heal quickly! I ran into my first snake of the season week before last! It was large black racer and it scared the daylights outta me. My husband saw it the next day and called me outside so I took a picture of it. There was a smaller one in a flower bed yesterday, very near the post the wisteria is climbing. There's a bird house at the top of the post and Carolina Wrens have nests in there. It's an active nest because I've watched the adults going back and forth. I haven't heard chirping of baby birds yet but I'm afraid the snakes will get eggs or babies. :( I know it's all part of nature but it's so sad. I am so afraid of snakes, even the non poisonous variety. I get really nervous when I see a snake. We've had a few coral snakes around the past few years and last year I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack when I was weeding a flower bed and spotted one ... it really shook me up when I saw the head and realized it was not the king snake but the deadly coral snake! I'm always on the lookout for those slithery things.

Oh, what a shame about the storm damage to your GH and HH. We've had some doozy storms already this year, it's really early for such weather ... Love that Hibiscus bloom!

Well, I'm off to bed .... goodnight everyone.