Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #98, 1 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Garden #98

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #98
plantladylin wrote:
Ardisia: I somehow missed your post earlier with those Lady Jane tulips are gorgeous! I've never seen Tulips growing this far south and I wonder if they would survive? I do have some Iris planted in the garden and love those blooms but they sure don't last very long. A few years ago when we were visiting my sister and family in south Fla. I went to Costco with my sis and bought some Pink Tulip bulbs and brought them home with me. I decided to put them in water as I've done Narcissus and a few other bulbs. I didn't know if they would do anything but they did sprout and were really beautiful. I tried drying them and saving them in a brown paper bag over winter but they just rotted in the humidity. I love visiting my youngest sister in N. Georgia when all her tulips, hyacinths and pretty bulbs are blooming.

Christy & RJ: it's great to see you both here on the tropical plants forum. Hope to see pictures soon.

Christy: You are not stupid, you are a fantastic lady with wonderful qualities, someone we can all learn from! I have only become familiar with the botanical/scientific names of plants since joining DG a few years ago. I found myself getting real confused when someone would mention a plant and show a photo and it would not be the plant that I knew by that name. That's when I learned that there are many totally different types of plants with the same common name. I remember getting real frustrated trying to find something in Plant Files because what would come up was not what I was looking for. Anyhow, please know that we all just love plants and sharing photo's and information, and your contributions will make it more enjoyable. We certainly welcome your presence here and on all forums on DG! You are a terrific lady!

I'm so sorry that you can't get your camera to cooperate to upload photo's here to DG. We've always been a Mac household but I'm not real computer literate and have never learned the IPhoto feature. My old laptop, a Mac G4? (or something) bit the dust so my husband ordered me a new one that arrived last week. It's a Macbook Pro and so far I'm loving it. I'm going to try to play around with IPhoto later today to see if I can figure it out. I've always just taken pictures and downloaded them to a folder I created on the desktop and then just upload from that folder. I'm curious about IPhoto so I will let you know if I figure out how to use it.

dyzzy: Lovely Plumbago, and that variegated Ginger is really pretty ... I love variegated foliage.

Ctenanthe lubbersiana: