Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: April and finally Springtime?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: April and finally Springtime?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April and finally Springtime?
shortleaf wrote:
I got my new Bell Pepper seeds planted up! Now, I just need to hurry and get some Tomato seeds planted! Thats the green Bell Peppers on the right in the photo. Its funny, a couple Forsythias came up over on the front left of the photo from the roots I guess. Last year I stuck a Forsythia branch in that bed. I have already dug up 2 Forsythia plants and potted them up. All indications are they are tenacious buggers! Anybody want a Forsythia plant? The parent plant is in a nice yellow bloom right now, it's a pretty plant to signal Spring has sprung!

Thanks Sally, that bed is made of an old waterbed! Those onions get about 3 feet tall!

I must admit I sometimes buy plants on an impulse! I need a couple little Coleus plants now! I tried to overwinter my 3 Coleus plants in an unheated garage, that was a mistake! I think it got too cold for them down there. Needless to say, it doesn't look promising for them to come back. Anybody have some Coleus cuttings they can spare? I'm glad it's small plant impulses for now.
If I come home with a thousand dollar Lily or Hosta, slap me!

I still haven't got back with the dealer man. He should be sweating real good! I might call him tonite after 9pm when its unlimited. I think I'll tell him I'll buy it if I can do a private party purchase.
I was just thinking, I need plants in a chartreuse color!
Will

This message was edited Apr 6, 2011 6:22 PM