Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: April and finally Springtime?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: April and finally Springtime?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April and finally Springtime?
shortleaf wrote:
The squeaky wheel does indeed get the grease! Sally, that really stinks about not getting the Internet that you're paying for. I can relate, I think they do it on purpose when people sign up before the14 day money back time (for ex. mine), its all blazes, then after that expires, here comes the big slow down!

Thanks, so far that screen top is doing the job, it even stayed on thru all the strong winds! I really got lucky that it fits so well! It really is amazing how much rain comes off a roof. The roof for my rainbarrel is just a shed, I put about an 8 ft. length of gutter on one side and thats all it takes fortunately! Thanks, I hope it's up high enuff to have some of that gravity, it would be sweet to be able to use a hose from it.

I planted up my "White Hot" Habanero seeds! Maybe Hot (I hope), we'll just see! I went to Lowes tonite to get some more leaf bags, and well, I couldn't resist a couple $3 plants and 2 cheap seed packets of green Bell Peppers. Bell Peppers at the store are like $1.25 apiece now! I also had to have a little purple Sweet Potato vine and a little Asparagas Fern. I plan to make a warm weather planter with Coleus and maybe some ornamental Fountain Grass and this Sweet Potato vine. I always wanted an Asparagas Fern in a hanging planter.
In the photo is my onions, Strawberry plants in the middle and my Habanero seeds are over to the left. I plan on putting those Green Pepper seeds in there somewhere. That 4x4' raised bed is turning into a sort of "hodge-podged try to grow everything" garden! It's kinda like a "catch-all drawer"! Did I mention there is pumpkin plants in there somewhere from last year! lol

That new car might be on hold. I am 6 minutes from being over on my cell phone. That was the only way that car dealer had to get ahold of me. I've turned my phone off, the billing cycle starts back up in 5 days, thats when I can use it without the dollar a minute penalty for being over..lol I haven't decided what I want to do, if I want to let him stew in his greedy dealer juices, and not get back with him, or call him back after 9p when it's unlimited and go ahead with the deal. He knows I have the money, I showed him to let him know I will pay, and as a measure of good faith.
I like the car, I'm just so unhappy about him being a dealer. For one thing, I have to pay the whopper sales tax and he can't have any flexibility on an advantageous "date of sale". I have 30 days to pay the sales tax, get it titled, licensed and insured or pay a $25 a month penalty. Him deceiving me by disguising as an "owner" has really not been a good thing!

Ewwww! A flooded basement does sound like no fun! I think you're doing a good thing Pepper by getting on it early before stuff stains and all dries up nasty!

Daffs or Hyacinths are really fragrant, I walked near them and I got some fragrant flower smells, not sure which one it was, but it was nice. There aren't really even that many of them, but something sure smelled nice! I'd cut them and bring them in too!

This message was edited Apr 6, 2011 6:23 PM