Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: April and finally Springtime?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: April and finally Springtime?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April and finally Springtime?
shortleaf wrote:
Yes, bad storms last nite alright! I'm glad the hail was small, both our vehicles were uncovered. Yesterday, during the day, it was so warm that some plants sprouted and now they'll just sit there until it warms up again! Furry tailed rats haha! I too know about squirrels getting into stuff. I am trying to cover many of my pots with ½" hardware cloth that I have that I'm not using. Deer can be a problem too, some people refer to them as hooved rats!
He likely isn't on the up and up, billyp. He called again a while ago, he says he fixed all that stuff. The deal might be on again. I'm taking it for a test drive in a bit. If he really has fixed all that stuff, I might have a new car, I really would like one soon. Oh yeah, window screen is what I ended up using, I really wanted to do it right.
It's made of landscape edging and window screen, we'll see how well it works, plus it's got to keep the mosquitos out. I got a photo of my rain-barrel, I put it up on blocks, I hope that was a good decision. Does anyone know, is that high enuff to get water to come out of a garden hose thats hooked up to it?
Will