Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 85, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 85

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 85
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Still dark so I havent a clue as to what it looks like outside yet. Yesterday was lovely but hubby says its going to get cold again. . Lots of bulbs popping up and the first of the Haemanthus flowers is up.
I am so pleased to find that my large orphan variegated oleander is getting new leaves. I thought I had lost it for a while after we had a really hot day during summer. My grasses are starting to fill out along with the dwarf kniphofias
I planted some seeds from Germany of new epis and they are all coming up in the mini greenhouses on top of the fridge.
I dont know what I am going to do with so many but I couldnt resist trying them.
I will probably have a lawn of epis under the benches where I put all the extras from my own seeds.
I see all the poplar trees down in town are getting yellow and there are patches of lovely red on the pin oaks.
I found another iris blooming. I do hope they all remeber to flower again in spring.
Lots of berries out in the orchard too . I must geta frame up for them. Poor hubby doesnt see them much as I walk along and eat thema s they ripen. Maybe next year there will be lots more so one can pick a bowlful at a time.
I am fixing up the wading pool today so I can put my Pacific Coast iris and cannas in it . I will have them in large pots so I can move them around or lift them out . The pool will be by the back gate where it will get lots of sun and be seen when I walk out.
Hello to everyone. Louise, Charleen, Teresa, Elaine, Pam, Karen, Dianne, Chrissy , Anthony and Anna.
I have a lovely birthday cake for Elaine and Colleen to share. Maybe if we ask nicely they will save a piece for us all.
Have a happy birthday ladies.
Happy gardening
Jean.