Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Compassion for Physically Challanged Gardeners #15, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: Compassion for Physically Challanged Gardeners #15

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Compassion for Physically Challanged Gardeners #15
seacanepain wrote:
If men are just icing on the cake, I want to be peanut butter cream frosting. :-) The very best icing and one with some substance to it.
Carrie, I'm a "Let's see what's behind door #3" for Kay and she was Dorr #2 for me. Our special song is "Broken Road" by Rasco Flatts. It took me a while to get her to see me as something more than Rodney's little brother.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZp6pmgbZyU
Here’s my favorite recent pic of Nadine. I caught her singing. I'm more concerned about her chronic anemia than her weight. I've seen her aunts. Hanna women just don't come in thin. I hate seeing women make themselves sick trying to fit into a one size for all mold. One of Kay's daughters had to be treated for an eating disorder. People kept telling her how much better she looked and how proud they were of her for losing the weight when she was really hurting herself. Her step-dad was a pharmacist so he caught on to what she was doing to lose the weight and got her into treatment. She still looks too thin to me, but she is at least a healthy weight.
I know the pain would be less if I lost weight. That is what keeps me trying to lose. The TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) program Vickie recommends is the only program that ever worked for me long term. It's a slow process though. (Jim)