Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 85, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 85

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 85
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Its wet and cold here. Looks like winter is creeping in. Yesterday it rained all day. With a bit of a cold wind, nothing was done outside. I have to get out and start on some of the weeds before they take over. The thistles are off and running. Its surprising how quickly they can grow in a day or two while you are stuck inside out of the rain.
I will get my chipper out and go around rain or not. Its a home made one , sort of like hoe but sharper and has one end narrower than the other so you can really get under the thistles.
I see my Jasmine has also been wandering. She has wandered all over the cottage garden and out along the fence. I see those tendrils peeping out along the garden edge. She is very sneaky , looking to see if its clear then moving across a space to run up the fence or a tree. Mostly I leave her be because I love the flowers and perfume. I just nip off the ends of the runners when I see them. I will have to get into the back of the cottage garden and see what she is doing there though. I may find a few self rooted pieces to move elsewhere.
Teresa, I hope all turns out well for you with the insurance company.
Karen, I will gladly exchange some of your hot for our cold . I think you all up there had our summer as well as your own.
Hello Dianne, Colleen, Sue, Chrissy, Pam and Anthony.
Charleen, you must show us more of your garden. and Charley of course.
Louise, pats for the girls and I hope your garden is looking lovely in its Spring dress.
Going out to the kitchen to see what I can give you all for nibbles
Here we are...Cream Cheese Brownies. .
Have a great day and enjoy your gardens over the weekend.
Jean.