Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: March and Springtime!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March and Springtime!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of March and Springtime!
shortleaf wrote:
Well, I broke off another seed order! If some of these grow, I better be shopping takers from other states..lol I now also have Windmill Palm,
Joshua Tree, Italian Cypress, Venus Flytrap, White Hot Habaneros and Japanese Black Pine. My brother and his wife in Dallas don't know it yet, but they have some additions to the yard coming!
I might try to learn Bonsai and Japanese Black Pine is supposed to be good for Bonsai too. A couple of them are kinda like novelties, the Venus Flytrap and the White Hot Habanero.
How neat would it be to have a potted Venus Flytrap and the White Hot Habanero is supposed to be VERY hot (410,000 Scoville Units), 13 times hotter than the Tabasco Pepper!
My brother-in-law will get a kick out of those! The others are all zone 7ish plants, it shouldn't be too bad finding homes for them hopefully. I'll send some to an Aunt and Uncle in Arkansas. I got them all here - http://www.seedrack.com/01.html Seedrack doesn't really have good reviews in The Garden Watchdog but they are doing okay for me so far.

I was weeding my raised bed today and I was pleasantly surprised at how the walking onions have multiplied. They had "walked" out of the raised bed, I dug them up and put them back in with the others! I took a photo of them outside the bed, it's funny looking! Does anybody want any Walking Onions? They are cold hardy and they grow and multiply easy!
Where is everybody?! I'm talking to myself here! There is an echo in here! If there is anybody out there clap twice, then post!
Will