Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Northeast Gardening: 2011 Garden Projects, 1 by bbrookrd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bbrookrd

In reply to: 2011 Garden Projects

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 2011 Garden Projects
bbrookrd wrote:
flowAjen, bamboo project sounds interesting and something I would like to see.

I am trying to figure out the fencing for a new veggie bed this year which is very visible. I am floating to DH the idea of doing a arched trellis with triangular shaped raised beds on either side of it going back to the long rectangular bed that which will be the part enclosed with both a deer and rabbit fence. The raised beds will have to be planted with things like herbs that they won't eat. I just want to give the garden an interesting entrance to mask the actuality of the veggie bed. I am thinking of a very modified French kitchen garden, but it will no doubt look like our normal veggie bed in reality. Hate reality.

Out to work soon, but body is resisting so far. Mind wants to round out the new "Well" bed we dug last year as I don't like the shape of the north end of it. We transplanted a big root cutting of a Oakleaf Hydrangea to where I want that bed to now end, so I will have to now dig up the rest of it today or soon. But I need to finish the final clean up of all the beds today first as the bulbs are popping up everywhere and I want them to come up in clean spaces. I thought I had gotten up most of the leaves during the fall, but they are back. No Narcissus yet, but soon.

A new bed that was a planting Project 2 years ago is now showing promise. Here is shot of a shrub in bloom yesterday in that bed. I need to plant lots of crocus under it for next year or Winter Aconite, Eranthis hyemalis which is up now too. It is Hamamelis x intermedia 'Diane' with one our noble dogs in the background.

Ge1836, Where will be that t photoshop button when I need it and am too tired or old to actually garden? Patti