Central Midwest Gardening: March and Springtime!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March and Springtime!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of March and Springtime!
shortleaf wrote:
Ok happ, its a deal! Whenever you can get to that is fine, don't sweat it, those seeds aren't going anywhere, anybody else want any?
I dunno Pepper, you're missing out! Just think, a Palm tree in you're yard, you'd be the envy of everybody there! lol
I'll send you several seeds, happ. Happ, can I suggest you plant one outside just for grins, to see if it'll survive the Winter in a sheltered spot and mulched, and another indoors? I think I'm gonna try something like that with the seeds, they didn't cost much, I just want to be sure a few grow okay, so I can take them to Texas or somewhere.
I was wrong about Brecks, I thought they were trying to recoup they're big (generous) discount on the shipping charges, the shipping charges are included in the free $25. My order after shipping of the Purple Prince Lily tree was $27.94, after the Breck's free $25, I got the 3 bulbs for $2.94! That trellis thing up there might be supporting 2 climbers! It just occurred to me, "why have just one"..lol
You can see the one already down there, it's a honeysuckle of some kind. I accidently "reduced" it way down in size a couple years ago, when I took down an old rotted fence there. My house-mate here and her mother really liked that Honeysuckle vine. I unintentionally raised they're ire good when I cut it down. "It'll be back" I say, but I'm sure they know it'll be a few years before it's back to it's former glory, to my dismay! lol
Happ, I am entertaining putting that dark red climbing Rose from you next to it, can I still have that?
Oh, I got photos, not2simple, of all the Honeysuckle in the yard, it had taken over. My friend here and her mother let it grow everywhere, it was 5 feet high in many places. There was no grass, just Honeysuckle. It wasn't a good kind, it was that awful invasive bush Honeysuckle, my friend here had it ripped out 3 years ago but little sprouts of it still come up everywhere.
Here is a photo of some little brass troughs we had in storage taking up space. I polished 4 of them up with Brasso© cleaner, (they shine like a new dime!), I am putting together a terrarium out of an old unused 10 gallon aquarium. Those troughs are going to house 2 Hens and Chicks in each one! I plan to mix up some sand and some composted Cotton Burs together for the Hens and Chicks to sit in. I'd like to make that a desert terrarium and I think the Hens and Chicks are near perfect to kick off my desert terrarium. I'll try to find some little cacti for a dollar or 2 when I see them in the store to go in my terrarium. I've already picked out some of the little limestone rocks I collected last year to go in the terrarium. Any ideas on stuff to go in my terrarium?
Thats Bo the cat in the photo, she likes to lay there.
Oh, the labor outside never stops, I too was raking and using my electric chainsaw just yesterday.
Will

This message was edited Mar 12, 2011 9:37 PM