Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 84, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 84

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 84
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.. Not a good morning for those affected by the earthquake. Mother Nature is certainly showing her temper at the moment. All our sympathies are with the people in those areas.
It would be terrifying to see that water surging on no matter what. One can put out a fire but there is no stopping water.
Hello Kat, nice to see you back again. I had a smile at the picture of you as a bollard out in the bush. I could see you standing in solitary splendour holding your brolly. Shades of Mary Poppins ??
Hello everyone else. I am going out this morning to put out all my goodies from yesterday.
It was a warm day in Mt Gambier and lovely to walk around without a jumper.
The only plants I bought were a tube of a very pretty burgundy colored grass and a lovely miniature brom . but, wait theres more..... There was a large pallet filled with items having yellow stickers. Now we all know , yellow stickers mean bargains, so I just had to look through it all.
I bought home a large frog and a gnome (about 10"high) $2 each. 3 ornaments to poke into pots, frog, bird and ladybug.. $0.79 ea.
3 colored ceramic plant pots , $2 ea..a large ladybug (about 6"across) $4...even a small container of bonsai fertiliser for $0.50..
I also found my favorite orchid mix of plain composted pine bark which seems to be always sold out when I am over there.
We had lunch in a different restaurant . We are trying out others when we go to Mt Gambier each time as our usual one has changed hands and is no longer as good . The new one was very good and will be on our list for a return feed. We were met at the door by a lovely young lady who gave us menus and showed us to a table. The food was delicious. We both had foccacias with beef , cheese, leaf salad, bacon and a yummy bar b q sauce. The girl kept a good eye on her tables and asked if we were enjoying the meal. Service in the old style.
Better get moving. Hubby said I have as many ornaments as plants . Maybe I do , but I like collecting knick knacks along with the plants..
I will leave you all something nice and hope you all enjoy the weekend.
Here we are , lovely Chocolate Almond Torte.
Jean.