Central Midwest Gardening: March and Springtime!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March and Springtime!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of March and Springtime!
shortleaf wrote:
I don't know what I'd do without the internet! I'd need the internet before heat I think! Well, maybe not...lol Would anyone be interested in helping me grow some of these California Fan Palm seeds I just got in the mail? It is just too many for me. The California Fan Palm (Washingtonia filifera) seed pack has 50 seeds in it! It says it's cold hardy down to 10°F. http://www.seedrack.com/10.html Scroll down to Washingtonia filifera for the California Fan Palm. You could grow it indoors in the Winter for a few years and then give it to a warm weather friend or family person! Or go on vacation to California or Texas or somewhere warmer and sell it there to finance you're trip!
I am giving you these seeds, if they grow for you great, if they are duds, no harm done.
Pepper, billyp, happ, anybody? Just send me an envelope with a stamp in it and I'll get them to you!

I also test drove a light truck at a car dealer today, and was duly turned down when I offered them too little for it I suppose! Maybe I shouldn't have ran in they're office and yelled, "Did I miss out on anything?! I tried to hurry before it's too late!"! Haha! Just kidding, but you know how they always say that in advertisements? lol
They were only willing to come down $50, who does that? I'm trying to get better than 12 mpg soon!

I finally drilled the hole in that black post (after about 30 minutes and 4 dull drill-bits!) and got that futon frame/trellis up there today, I was so glad to do it I got a photo!
See the Surprise Lilies coming up over on the left in the photo?! I plan to get that area mulched eventually.

I think my Bamboo plants in the kitty litter trench is gonna be sprouting pretty soon!
I don't think the all-brown Bamboo plant is dead after-all, I think just all of the leaves are burned and brown but the stalks are still greenish, so I have my fingers crossed!
Will

This message was edited Mar 9, 2011 10:14 PM

This message was edited Mar 12, 2011 8:59 PM