Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Frozen Greenhouse Large & Very Old Brugs, 1 by bettydee

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bettydee

In reply to: Frozen Greenhouse Large & Very Old Brugs

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Frozen Greenhouse Large & Very Old Brugs
bettydee wrote:
Now a month after that photo, most of the Brugs affected have died down all the way to the ground or have a little green stub left above ground. A few of the damaged trunks survived, but have splits or circular dead spots in the bark. The good news is that many of my Brugs have sent up new grow from either what is left of the trunks or from the buried portion.

Some of the Brugs still haven't shown any signs of growth. I checked the feeder roots of those Brugs. Some root balls are still alive and healthy. They should be putting out new growth soon. I hope. Others are dead. The feeder roots are brown and the "bark" is falling off the anchor roots. Those won't be coming back.

Some of my plumerias are OK. Others are dead or will have to come back from the little stubs that are left. I have also lost a number of tropicals.

This is a photo of what small anchor roots and their feeder roots should look like if the Brug's root ball is alive.