Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #9, 1 by Sansai87

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sansai87

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #9

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #9
Sansai87 wrote:
Carrie, I hope he gets it. Working long hours in a high stress job broke me healthwise and I'm young.
PJ got an annual cut flower mix for Valentine's Day. I planted it for him today by the front walk where he can view it easily.
Also, cleaned and organized the "baby barn" I moved a comfortable couch, the sewing machine and all my art supplies out there. It will be great to be able to leave a project laying out until I'm finished with it. I was having to pick all my stuff up and put it away every evening.
MK worked on the new w/c ramp. We are replacing the wood one with, what we hope, will be a lower maintenance earthen ramp. It will be dirt cheap :-) but MAN there is a lot of earth to be move. (6' wide 4' high) I hope we haven't bitten off more than we can chew with this project. .
It seems like the trailing verbena 'Homestead Purple' started blooming early. We had temps in the upper 30's only a few nights ago. I can't remember stuff like that from year-to-year. I think I will keep a record this season of what bloomed when. Walking the property every morning with my Monster energy drink in hand to look for new stuff in bloom is a fun way to start the day. I'm not a morning person so any little trick helps. ~Nadine~