Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Morning Glories: seeing some new faces stop by say hi, 1 by nifty413

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nifty413

In reply to: seeing some new faces stop by say hi

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of seeing some new faces  stop by say hi
nifty413 wrote:
Hello all (I feel like I've done this before)!

Although I've "lurked" in this forum for years, it's good to actually participate and post occasionally.

I've mainly inhabited the Plant and Tree ID Forum trying to help when possible... many times learning about completely new genera of plants.

I've been hybridizing daylilies for over 15 years – the last 9 of which trying to develop flowers with some true blue coloration. My results have been less than stellar when compared to the famous hybridizers' cultivars. I've kinda lost some of my enthusiasm for crossing DLs, so I've decided to give it a go with Ipomoea.

Umm... what else? I'm geeky when it comes to remembering scientific names, but have "chilled out" a lot in the past few years... this webpage has been the main reason: http://www.jlhudsonseeds.net/Pronunciation.htm

I guess that''s all for now.
Oh, please feel free to refer to me as Nick, since it's my actual name. However, I've been known to answer to the names "Slash," "Doofus," and "Gwendolyn."

Did I mention I'm obsessed with plants?

Daylily 'Christmas Is' -Yancey 1979