Ohio River Valley Gardening: Better than ever!, 1 by Badseed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Badseed

In reply to: Better than ever!

Forum: Ohio River Valley Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Better than ever!
Badseed wrote:
This is the last photo of my day spent moving the better part of 8.3 tons of gravel. ROTFLOL

This is the back side which faces full sun. It is also the only area with super nice soil. I'm planning to put some raised beds for veggies with upright/vining veggies at the back so they will shade the greenhouse by mid to late summer.

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow, move the sand box over by the swing set and put the sand back in then I can start cleaning up this area and move the railroad ties into place for the veggie beds. There is a bunch of scrap lumber and such against the garage and it's all going away. I'm putting doors on both ends of the greenhouse and a mulch or gravel path along the garage. I'll also hopefully get hubby to extend the gutter so I can put in 2 connected rain barrels to use to water the vegetable beds. I've got a bunch of rabbit manure to back fill the beds.

If you look beyond the greenhouse frame, you can see all my naked beds. :( Oh well, I can grow plants. :)

The sky is supposed to let loose the next three days but I'm planning to get the greenhouse built any chance I can get outside long enough to put the parts together!

Anybody wanna see my "guns"? hahahaha