Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8, 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8
Amargia wrote:
lol. That sounds familiar. When Jim bought a 43" plasma for the bedroom and mounted it so he could watch while laying in bed. He said "That way I can see it without my glasses. Wouldn't want me to fall asleep with glasses on and accidentally break them, would you? That would be expensive. :-)
It is amazing how quickly greening up takes place, once it starts. Daffodils, jonquils and Bells of Ireland are in bloom. Jim raised one of the garden faucets so it can be turned on/off without bending over and can be reached easily from a wheelchair. Nadine mowed this afternoon, but she mowed around all the patches of sweet clover. She says the bees need those. The bees are going to make for an interesting landscape, but it is good to see her excited about something again.
We finally got the seed list finished. Having a list to refer to makes things so much easier. There weren't as many as Nadine was afraid there were. They just took up a lot of space because some were in oversized containers. I think I will switch to jelly jars for holding my seeds and dedicate one kitchen cabinet to them. There turned out to be 129 different types of seed. Considering the size of the property, I don't think that is TOO obsessive.
Hope you recover fully in time for your trip, Katie. Kay*
Photo: Professor Einstein daffodil