Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011
perke_patch wrote:
Sue I love the colour in your jewellery shop. I have one that has been grown at the top of a totem close t the shadecloth and I thought the lovely golden yellow wit deep red markings was lovely but I didn't get any of your pink tones. My kautskyi was also grown at the top of a totem hence the lovely colours. We usually grow kautskyii our in some sunshine on the totems and get some lovely colours but they seem to be more elongated leaves. I love the perfect shape of the one I posted.

Karen, your net ball with the tills on....... is that hayley's comet or pehaps neglecta???? If it is hayley's comet it will be from my tree. We gave Brian a heap of it to use on his balls. I didn't realise he was selling them with tills on them. I am getting a lift with Brian tomorrow night to the Brom Society meeting. I haven't been to one before. Perhaps I should take some money with me incase I see a brom I can buy at their sales table???? Don't know where we can put it. We have no room.

Jen asked me to go on a brom trip with her to Paterson's at Gympie next week. At first I said no because we are trying to get ready fo our open day. However we can't take any more pups off because we have no room to put them anywhere. We don't want to be so overcrowded for our open day that the yard looks messy. So no more pupping until after we clear some broms and make space. Soooooo. I guess I do have time for one day of brom shopping Jen. Tell me when and I will be ready.

We have worked out a perfect plan. We took a heap of broms up to our son in Hervey Bay. He is on acreage and plants them in the gardens and grows them up hard for us. We go up there regularly and buy a car load of big pups/broms to bring back to sell. Perfect for both him and us. We had so many in my brothers ute last weekend I had our bags under my legs coming home. The size and colour on them was so lovely ..... grown hard in the sun/shade between his banana trees.

Till stricta is flowering on the trees at the moment. I hope it is still flowering in 2 weeks. It looks so lovely at the moment.