Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011
perke_patch wrote:
Hi Pam . The mini neo on the totem in the frontyard is fireball. We do have barbed wire out the back with pots hanging from them. The bards keep the pots where you want them. Wherever we have pots hanging on normal wire we are always separating them to stop them breaking bits off each other.

Today I moved all nearly all my tills together onto one single shadecloth covered frame. I can't beleive I have amassed so many in a short time. I also have lots in hanging pots, in pots on shelves and on logs and things on bonsai tray pots. I also discovered that my till lindenii blue has a flower coming. The strictas are all starting to flower too and make lots of babies. Don't you love these gorgeous little gems of nature??? I know I do. It feels like waiting fo a baby to arrive. I promise a photo of lindenii when it finally gets here.

This photo is of a foliage vriesea we have called John's favourite. It is a John Buchanan hybrid which was given to a friend of ours in Cleveland who then gave us one of the pups. She also gave John Buchanan's son a pup years later. The other night I discovered that Buchanan jnr has a pup listed as Dad's favourite on ebay. Check out the price it is going for!!!!!!!! Jen and I are thrilled to know we have these pups in our collections. Right Jen?????

Wendy