Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: December on the 'Stead, 1 by CajuninKy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: December on the 'Stead

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December on the 'Stead
CajuninKy wrote:
I'm not too good at sitting still. I surely don't move as fast as I used to but I like to always be busy even if it's just my mind that's doing the moving. There is a scripture that talks about being still and seeing the Glory of the Lord. I have always taken that to mean waiting on God to move in my behalf. Not being stagnate and using it as an excuse to do nothing, but rather hovering and allowing God to get things in order so He can bless me in His way and in His time. I tend to go off half cocked and jump into things because I am impatient and cling to the old adage, "do something even if it's wrong". LOL

God is all knowing and He works all things to the good of His children. I don't believe all people are God's children. We are created with a free will. It is what sets us apart from the animals and the angels. We have to choose to serve God and follow His commandments. When we do, He directs our path and as long as we stay in covenant relationship with Him (holding up our end of the bargain, so to speak ) He will be true to His promises and provide what we need be it spiritual, physical, financial, mental, emotional and so on. His word says He will never leave us nor forsake us. I find great comfort in that.

I surely do not mean to offend anyone with my beliefs. I know they are mine alone and I do not mean to try and ram them down anyone's throat or convert anyone. I hope I do not come across like that. I have always enjoyed this forum and most of DG because it's a group of people that can agree to disagree and remain friends. I enjoy discussing my beliefs. I have been a Christian since I was 18yo and it is the foundation of who I am after all these years. I like to learn about other religions also. I am not of the belief that only my denomination is going to Heaven. I do not believe God prefers us by denomination. I believe all those who follow God's teachings as He leads and guides, will spend eternity in Heaven. I also think it is our responsibility to always seek the truth with an open mind. Just because my church teaches a certain thing does not make it truth. I have to seek out the truth for myself in God's word and rely on Him to lead and guide. If I do this with all humility and honesty I believe God will honor it and help me to live my life for Him.

One more thought on the subject and then I'll hush. :) I get uncomfortable around people who can only talk "religion" and nothing else. I wonder if they are trying to convince me or themselves. I will talk God all day if a person is interested and asks me about things but I know there are many facets in life and they are worth discussing too. We are passing through this life on the way to eternity but we have to "live" this life while we are here. In the world but not of the world, if that makes any sense. I like to talk about life in general, the garden, the family, soaring prices and below average quality produce at Walmart. I want to be a person who's company is enjoyed and valued. If I hope to lead a person to Christ I have to do so by example. My life should speak louder than my words. If I am "so Heavenly minded as to be of no earthly good" why would a person want to spend time with me? There is a balance there, I think. I believe God has the answers for us all, to make our lives better. We will never see perfection in this life but God can give us the "tools" to survive this life in good stead so that we can spend eternity with Him in a land of perfection. JMHO

Robin, I have also heard that about the lights but I have no proper hen house so it is not possible for me at this time. It would sure be nice though. Even though they are not laying they still eat just as much. Jay had a great suggestion for me and, of course, I am still planning to do it. It takes me forever to get around to doing things. :( I want to ask them at the local deli if I can leave a 5 gallon bucket with them for scraps and pick them up every couple of days. I pass there twicw a day every day. The chickens would love it. The dogs would too. I need to get busy with that.

Jay, I did not realize they would allow a computer in the monestary much less have one of their own. I guess I watch too much TV. LOL I will be looking forward to seeing it and hearing all about your experiences there. Maybe you can contribute to the quality of life there by making them a batch of chevre. Is it a remote location where they do their own gardening, ect. I have seen such places on TV but that may just be in other countries. I know, I am showing my ignorance. LOL

I'm glad you guys liked the pic. It's pretty to be sure but miserable to work in. I think the next few days should be an improvement. It will sure boost my outlook. I need to get another tarp up on my goat house. And I need to get these 2 chickens out of my LR. They stink!!!

Darius, what kind of weather are you having? I know it has been cold way down south of us. A guy on the poultry forum lives near Ocala Fla and their temps are in the teens. I didn't know that happened. Is that near where your sister lived?

This pic is at the top of my short driveway.