Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: CABIN FEVER, 1 by lovelyiris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovelyiris

In reply to: CABIN FEVER

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of CABIN FEVER
lovelyiris wrote:
I second that Sharon. IrisMA is blessed to have a gardening buddy. If it was up to my DH he would just mow them all down and have everything in pastures. LOL Boy did I surprise him starting out real slow with one tiny bed. Then of course that one kept growing, and growing, until now it takes up the entire back yard nearly. Then of course directly behind it there is a strip of about 8 ft of grass the lenght of the yard. Right behind there are long iris beds and daylilies of course. I have completely wrapped one huge flower bed about 5 ft wide all the way around the back, sides, and front yard. You might recall the one in the front is the one that got washed away last year. Well I redid it and so far it's looking "WONDERFUL". All the irises and daylilies look very lush and have multiplied rather nicely. I can't wait to see them in full bloom this spring. I've got paperwhites already blooming in these beds and the daffodils are comping up EVERYWHERE. The daffs usually start blooming in late Jan. early February.

A couple of days ago Geroge and I put up the birdfeeder that sits inside the window up. In about a week there will be hundreds of little golden finches, titmouse, sparrows, red birds, and any other bird that really get hungry visit it. We have counted over 100 birds in it at one time. just all over each other eatting. The thing about it is that it sits inside the house and stays nice and warm from the heat inside the house. So when it's really cold outside the birds will set in it to eat and stay warm. I built it myself about 5 years ago so it's starting to look pretty worn but I still enjoy it. I'll see if I can find a picture of it empty and then one with all the birds in it.