Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 77, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 77

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 77
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Beautiful morning here. Yesterday was lovely , not overly warm and a pleasure to be out side.
I managed to move most of my bromeliads to their new house. Now I have to sort and hang or make stands for them all. I will probably have to do a bit of moving around as I see how different ones take to the brightness or more shady areas.
Lots to do around the place but I don't knock myself out by trying to do everything at once. Now we have the new shadehouse at the back veranda, we can sit and contemplate while enjoying the sweet jasmine perfume.
I found a small maple tree growing yesterday . I never go around the back of the house now because as the split system is on that wall in the lounge, the motor etc sits on the ground outside.
I have let the shrubs in the cottage garden grow over the path to hide it . Its a narrow area, only about 5 foot wide
I was looking at a couple of old pots there and saw the little tree . I vaguely remember planting a couple but forgot all about this one. It is only small but looks strong so I left it to do as it likes.
Nothing much grows there, even the weeds give it a miss.
Hello Karen and Marlene. Those flowers are so pretty Waterlilies look great in a large water area.
Charleen, Charlie looks like he has been caught out doing some mischief.
Colleen. I have Dracunculus out at last. It is a larger flower this year , about 16"long. Very strong smell to as the weather is warm.
Poor hubby has a problem smelling scents and stuck his nose right up close. He said he nearly lost his lunch. I could smell it long before I got to the shadehouse.
Hello to Dianne, Chrissy, Sue, Leisa , Elaine and Anthony.
I am off out to the yard to move the last of the broms and check if any epis opened overnight.
Enjoy the day and happy gardening.
Try these Raisin ShortBreads.
Jean.