Rural Gardening: Tiny Seramas, 1 by Eufaula

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Eufaula

In reply to: Tiny Seramas

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tiny Seramas
Eufaula wrote:
Such a sad sad Day for me today! I went to the big henhouse this morning to see why Natchez Serama and Tiny Chicopea had not come to scratch like every one else. I found Chickopea sitting in the doorway of the nesting area and making the most peculiar noise for her! I picked her up and she was shaking and baby talking like I havent heard since I got her when she was just a tiny thing. Then it hit me NO Natchez , anywhere not a feather not a scratch in the dirt nothing! I walked this entire 3 acres calling and looking for any sign! Holding Chicopea !
I began to cry.... but Checked myself... I just cannot do that any more... life is life ..but it really gets to me sometimes!
I took Chickopea back to her roost but she immediately started following me making that pathetic sound again!
I looked over to a newly opened bag of chick starter and could tell something with a very big head and Nosed its way into the sack and had eaten a good bit of it.......DOG.... or Coyote!!! Would explain no feathers .... it just picked Natchez off the roost and ran....Which means it came while they were Free ranging and the outer doors to the Henhouse was open!