Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Shade Gardening: Suggestions please for what to plant in dense shade, 1 by bagby039

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bagby039

In reply to: Suggestions please for what to plant in dense shade

Forum: Shade Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Suggestions please for what to plant in dense shade
bagby039 wrote:
Welcome to Daves Garden! It is so nice here to find information and make friends.
Do you have wild hydrangea bushes in the woods up there in NY? We have them here in Alabama and i have gotten several out of the woods. I have mine in some sun but they grow in shade in the woods here in Alabama. I think you would love them. Mine have huge white flowers on them and are absolutely beautiful. I have posted a picture here of this bush. It gets morning shade and afternoon sun for the most part. There is another bush just like it to the left of the dahlia on the left of the picture that doesnt do nearly so well. I have no idea why but this one does much better than the one next to it. I am anxiously waiting on it to bloom again this year. It is budding out now. I do believe this bush would do well in the shady part of your yard. In the fall and winter months it will shed its leaves and just look woody but will come out and bloom again in the spring. Robbie