Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 77, 1 by dalfyre

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dalfyre

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 77

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 77
dalfyre wrote:
I really need to keep popping in to the tea room more often, I am so behind...
but let's see - lovely to see a wild echidna, years ago - 1984 - I did a trip from Brisbane to Perth via Birdsville, Innaminka, South Lake Eyre, Ayers Rock (Ularu)...
& lots of other places not on many maps!
Anyway back to the point, an echidna wandered into our camp at one point, it was quite a big one & amazing to see it saunter through without a second glance at the humans in it's territory.
Sad that habitat destruction is costing so many native animals their lives.
I did see 'Last Chance to See' - loved the randy Kakapo!
NZ has been working hard on preserving endangered species but it is our fault so many need rescue.
Dianne - Quincey is adorable, I had a Siamese when I lived in Brisbane, many years ago - Myshka was totally mad. He would chase dogs, catch huge rats & hang upside down on the fly screen door.
We had to clean out the 'spare' bedroom so hubby's some could move in, I had all my Halloween stuff in the wardrobe so out came Bones - and hubby put him into his brother's bed...
it got a laugh out of him - and Bones was promptly placed into our bed, I had the fun of watching both brothers play this trick on each other, I am very out numbered here - 1 boy dog & 3 Tod boys, hubby, his brother & hubby's son all under the same roof.
The cat & I are the only girls.