Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: trumpet vine blooming, 1 by Clare_CA

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Clare_CA

In reply to: trumpet vine blooming

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of trumpet vine blooming
Clare_CA wrote:
Brugie, I am trying to root a cutting now in a jar of water. I accidentally broke off a piece so I'm trying to root it. I think I have heard that Crossvine roots easily.

Woodspirit, I think Crossvine, Bignonia capreolata, just comes in "Tangerine Beauty" and regular like mine; although, Rylaff looks like he may have new hybrid because the colors aren't the same as mine or Tangerine Beauty. There are some different Trumpet Vines, called Campsis radicans, which come in reds, oranges, lavenders, and yellows, but which also have a reputation for getting out of control quickly and spreading by runners. Crossvine is much more well-behaved and does not spread like Trumpet Vines do.

Plantfiend, my lavender trumpet vine started of very slow too. It looks like it is starting to put on a lot of growth this spring. Mine is a Bignonia violacea.

Monterey, your Ipmoea indica is beautiful. I had to rip mine out because it was too aggressive for me to keep on top of.

Here's my former Ipomoea indica: