Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: New hatch going on now. , 1 by CajuninKy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: New hatch going on now.

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New hatch going on now.
CajuninKy wrote:
I need a new coop bad. My layers coop is up the hill and has to be eliminated before Winter. I cannot make that climb on my hands and knees in the snow anymore. It is actually ax 8X13 dog kennel with a roof. I have 13 chickens and a duck in it right now. My downhill pen is just temporary. It is chicken wire and Tposts with no top. It is about 10X15. I have a small area in one corner covered with a tarp and backed with ground cloth so it serves as a "house". That is where the roosts are and the one nest. I have 3 hens in it and the 10 younger chicks. They are a bit over 3 months old. I also have 3 wire dog ctares housing 3 roos, i in each cage. I have another game roo in a tub with a wire grate top and I have a game roo on a tie chord. I also have 2 smaller wire coops made for game fowl. I have a game cock in one and the other is a bit larger, about 3X4 and 4' tall. I have my bantam roo and his 2 hens in it. I get so tired of cleaning water buckets in so many different pens. I want to get rid of all the game cocks and stags. I want to get down to 2 roos, the bantam and 1 yard roo. He is a big pretty EE roo I call Gumbo. He is very good natured. I dream of the day when I only have 2 pens, the one smaller pen for the bantams and 1 big pen for all the others. Hey, it could happen. LOL