Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #76, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #76

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #76
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. If anyone has some sun please send it down for the Cup.
Here, it is misty. Could be fog or could be rain. Probably both the way the weather has been.
I can hear the weeds laughing their little heads off outside. Just when I thought I was in control .
Oh well , it must get warm soon and then I'll be laughing as they shrivel in the heat.
Anthony, I may take your tips with mine when I pick some.
Sorry dutch hippy, can't help with ID but it does look pretty. Looks like the lily of the valley tree, but someone more expert than I will know.
Hello Mya, I hope your garden is doing well after all the rain you have had up north.
Hello Dianne, Have agreat day at the Cup. If I was in Melbourne , I'd be going too. I have been to 15 Melbourne Cups, mostly back in the 60s, 70s & 80s. I saw the wonderful Red Handed and Light Fingers. . I was lucky enough to have seen Rising Fast race way back when.
I am not a mad punter, but I do like a small bet on the horses now and then.
What Melbournite doesn't try their luck on Cup Day ?
Hello Colleen. I have just been looking at the most beautiful flowering cacti pics sent from Panama by one of hubbys friends.
I am still watching mine for buds. Brian would love to see you looking after all his babies.
Hello Elaine. You must be really happy with your lovely bargain plants. What a great buy.
Make sure you rest and admire them. Don't overdo things.
I am going out in the mist/fog to see what the irises are doing. I still have about 60 to open . The epis are slow due to the cold I think.
Hello To everyone else out there. Keep warm and dry .
I hope you have good luck if you have a small wager on the Cup.
I will leave something nice out in the Tea Room for any wanting a cuppa.
Almond Cake with Strawberries.
Happy gardening
Jean.