Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8, 1 by Sansai87

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sansai87

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8
Sansai87 wrote:
I love Sunday afternoons. No work! The only thing better is 5th Sunday afternoons. They have a fellowship lunch after church every 5th Sunday. I’m stuffed full of wonderful food and there is no work to do. Life is good! lol
I made chocolate/cherry cake for the lunch, but my dishes still don’t hold a candle to some of the older ladies dishes. Miss Pearl’s coconut cake makes me think I’ve already died and made it to heaven. I want to be able to cook like that!
Yes, Debra, your sister should be grateful she wasn’t flipped out of bed. Once, after an entire bus load of hungry customers showed up in addition to the normal lunch hour crowd, I had nightmares for weeks about trying to keep up with orders)
There are lots of different civilian jobs on post. It turns out this area still has the same army recruiter it did when I was in high school. (I was considering going into the army then.) He was at the job fair and still remembered me. . I will start out applying at the restaurants and PX/BX and commissary. (I think the Army uses PX (Post Exchange) and the Airforce uses BX (base exchange.) I probably need to study up on stuff like that so I at least sound like I know what I’m doing. It would be good to keep in mind that despite all the aircraft, it is an Army base and there is some USUALLY good natured rivalry between the different branches of the service.
I’d better get my mask on. Wouldn’t want my ancestors to find me. I’m descended from highland Scotts. Those folks who allegedly painted themselves blue before going into battle and celebrated their victories by drinking mead from vessels made from their enemies skulls. Not sure I would want to encounter some of my more distant ancestors.
Carrie, I will pay attention to what temp it is here when the cannas sprout in spring. We will mail them up when it gets to that temperature in your area. That should work out so that they have time to flower for you. The dark leaf types flower fairly early in the year. July/August. PJ says I have to help him with his thinking because of the Tramadol. Man, are we in trouble! Maybe, half a brain between us.
Vickie, I think we are going to simplify our Christmas decorating this year. MK suggests I take the storage bins full of lights to the Mission Store. (I might keep a strand or two of the LED type for the archway into the children’s garden.) PJ says his days of stringing Christmas lights are over. (He has an appointment coming up with VA services to find the right w/c for his needs.) Mama Kay prefers the flicker and scent of candles and she has plenty of those. The original Christmas lights, I guess. It is a good move from an artistic perspective since Amargia’s overall look is rustic. Besides, the money they save on the electric bill can go toward my Christmas present. ;-) ~Nadine~

Photo: Look into my eyes. Give me all of your candy corn.