Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8, 1 by lovemyhouse

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovemyhouse

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #8
lovemyhouse wrote:
All of my roses are blooming...happy sigh...I love my yard...Sunday, I planted a red Cyclamen, two red Geraniums, two Tequila Sunset Calibrachoa, three Gauras, 12 Daylilies, three Baptisias, two hardy Asters, moved a wild-looking shrub rose and replaced it with a tangerine Canna and five of those Coreopsis. Year before last, I put in all blue stuff. Last year, it was all purple stuff. This year, obviously, it's reds and oranges. Still have a dozen or so plants to put in, including three Clematis. The ones planted the last couple of years are leafing out again after the horrid summer. Very exciting. Also just got 10 red Rain Lily bulbs. Maybe I'll get most finished this weekend. Have the whole real entire weekend OFFFFF. Supposed to rain Saturday (ooh, sleep laaaate), so Sunday should be perfect for digging and moving things around. Thinking about digging up ALL of the Iris in the side yard and move them. Whole area taken over by weedy grass and it is strangling the Iris. Then I can--shudder--herbicide that whole area until next year, then replant or paver.