Central Midwest Gardening: October 2010, 1 by pepper23

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pepper23

In reply to: October 2010

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October 2010
pepper23 wrote:
I finally planted my new mums and asters today and my parents power washed the deck. We used to do that every year and stain it every year. Last year it didn't get done and boy you could tell!! It was that grayish color that we all know and love here in Missouri. LOL! Tomorrow it will get stained again.

Tomorrow I should finally get all my bulbs planted and just have elephant ears, glads, and a few other seasonal plants to store downstairs or put in new pots and hope I can keep them alive for the winter. A friend is coming over to help me so we will get everything knocked out. Hopefully I can walk again after dealing with the tulips! lol

Hi Lisa!! Glad you are posting on here!! I used to work at Powell Gardens (not in the gardens though, just cleaning) and I used to get free plants from there all the time. You could really tell cause all of a sudden my gardens were a riot of blooms. Since they were free I treated them pretty shabby. LOL. If they lived they lived. If not I'm not out of anything except a free plant. Alot of them are still alive. So I did good. lol. Now I work at a store and take care of the greenhouse when it's up and take care of mums when we have them. It's my favorite part of working there.

Purple mums and Autumn Joy sedum.