Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Thuja Green Giant turning gold/brown near trunk, 1 by cf4sups

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cf4sups

In reply to: Thuja Green Giant turning gold/brown near trunk

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Thuja Green Giant turning gold/brown near trunk
cf4sups wrote:
Found this thread online, thank goodness! I am in area 5 in Illinois, just slightly north of Chicago. We planted 7, 6ft Thuja Green Giants in May of 2010. It is now the beginning of October 2010 and most of the, what looks like, new growth inside against the trunk is orange and brown. This is making me very nervous. This is happening on all 7 of them. The rest of the tree is all green but what is next to the trunk. We don't have hot, hot summers but this one was continuously warm in the 80's. They were watered well at least once a week. They were looking beautiful. But now that I see this happening, I am not sure if we paid the correct attention to them. If anyone is monitoring this thread still, your experience/knowledge would be appreciated. it almost sounds as though they will make it through the winter and come spring they will be fine, but i am really unsure. HELP