Photo by Melody

Propagation: Plant propagation part XXII based on my own experience, 1 by evelyn_inthegarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright evelyn_inthegarden

In reply to: Plant propagation part XXII based on my own experience

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Plant propagation part XXII based on my own experience
evelyn_inthegarden wrote:
Linda ~ When I was younger, and before I was married, I rarely watched TV at all as I mentioned I did not even own one for many years. People would give me TV's and I would just put them in storage on a top shelf on a closet or just tell them, "No, thank you." Before I moved to northern CA, I was living in Topanga and had access to free cable. Well, I did not actually know that as I had no TV, but again, someone donated one to me...OK I watched it now and then, but that was all as I was quite busy. I was taking some hort clases at the local college (Pierce College in the SF Valley) and working 6 days at Green Thumb Nursery, which was one of the largest retail nurseries in that area. So between that and occasionally getting together with friends and/or family, that was my life.

My mother had moved up here and became seriously ill and needed my help as her COPD had progressed to serious proportions. It was so sad to see her health deteriorate, and I did move here to help her. She has been gone since 1999. Since my dad passed away in 1973, she was living on her own for quite a while, and never re-married. I am sure she is in a happier place now.

It seems as though everyone has their challenges, doesn't it? Some of us learn most of our lessons in life and others never seem to make any progress. I am glad I am a member of this group now as we all strive to do our best each day with whatever hand is dealt to us. I really enjoy learning about propagating and hope to be doing more this coming fall and winter. You each have contributed to my life in many ways, more than just learning how to take a cutting or to plant a seed. Thank you all.

~ Evelyn

Here is an old picture of Mom and Steve (DH)