Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 73, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 73

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 73
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. The sun is shining through a rain shower outside. It is cold but no wind. Hopefully it won't be too cold and wet being shopping day. As always, I will be on the lookout for orphans.
I had a lovely parcel arrive yesterday. I finally have a Coelogyne cristata orchid. I was lucky enough to get a lovely plant with a flower stem, very cheaply. Usually they are bid up very quickly on eBay.
Anthony, sounds like you are tucked up nicely for the cold snap. Lots of nice hot soup on the stove ?
Teresa, those shakes and shivers are lasting a while there aren't they ?
I hope your wall doesn't fall on anything. It does need to come down doesn't it ? I like that white hellebore. I have quite a few plants similar and a lovely double white. Pity I can't send you any plants.
Hello Kat, I would not have jumped in that water. I am like you in hating to be icky but I would have rinsed off on the edge. Sounds way too cold for me Brrr.
Hello Elaine, lovely mosaic work again.
Chrissy, I love to paint but don't do any in the cold weather. Its way too freezing in the back room I use. I often forget to get a meal when painting and hubby has to remind me of the time.
I would love to sell them but around here there is no market and on eBay there are a million chinese copies of everything for very low prices. I don't do art shows any more as their costs are ridiculous and their rules are restrictive.
I just paint because I love doing it.
I have lots of spare time here and often just sit in the garden watching the birds.
Hello Leisa, my King orchid has flower stems for the first time . I keep watching to see what they are like.
It has taken a while becaus eapparently it wanted to get a bit potbound before it flowered.
Karen, I think orchids are very odd plants. We love them but they certainly have definite likes and dislikes.
Better go and get ready for shopping or hubby will be looking at his watch.
Hello Louise, Colleen, Brian and everyone else.
Have a happy day and enjoy those gardens.
Heres a treat for you all. Chocolate Marble Bread.
Jean.