Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: MIA Need your prayers!, 1 by lovelyiris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovelyiris

Subject: MIA Need your prayers!

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of MIA Need your prayers!
lovelyiris wrote:
Dear Friends, as most of you know I am a caregiver by profession. Some of you may have noticed I've been missing for over a week now online. The little 93 year old gentleman that I have been taking care of for over 2 years passed away early this morning. I took care of him 24/7 for the past week. He was a hospice patient and a jolly little fellow right up to two days ago. He left his beloved friends and family here to go meet his mother, father, wife and infant son in heaven. Mr. Doug went exactly as he had wanted. He wanted to go to sleep and not wake up. Last week at the time of his very rapid decline he nor myself knew what little time he actually had left. We went to the hospital emergency room one day, they sent him home the next day, and he had bounced right back and was his usual self. Then 2 days later he was bedfast, 2 days after that he went to see his heavenly father and his loved ones that had passed before him. Mr. Doug was my best friend, I'll be lost without him. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next month or so with out a sense of someone needing me and having to be somewhere at a certain time each morning. Compassionate Care is a big part of my life and who I am. I guess I'll have plenty of time to work out in the flower beds and gardens and on the farm and reminisce about the good times I spent taking care of Mr. Doug. I have not really felt the need to shed any tears as I know that he went very peacefully, in his home, and the EXACT way he wanted EVERYTHING. Thank you Lord for allowing me to be apart of Mr. Doug's care team and his friend. He was a very SPECIAL MAN and will be greatly missed.

May God Bless each and everyone of you and may he have a special place in your life.
Respectfully your garden buddie and Iris/Daylily Hoarder,
Marian

P.S. If any of you have an Iris or Daylily with the name William or Doug in it I'd like to get a start from you in memory of my dear friend.