Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Shade Gardening: Thank You Shade Gardeners!, 1 by babers

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright babers

Subject: Thank You Shade Gardeners!

Forum: Shade Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Thank You Shade Gardeners!
babers wrote:
Hello fellow shade gardeners!

I’m Babers, a novice but enthusiastic gardener in Seattle. This time last year I was going out to discos, then I got engaged to an avid gardener and we bought a house with a big yard. I traded in my dancing shoes for an engagement ring and a pair of garden gloves.

I want to thank everyone who has posted to this site and to the plant database. Because of you all, I went from knowing zero about gardening to becoming fairly knowledgeable about shade plants.

Well, at least I’ve done a lot of research and planted my first garden, (which is a large shade garden under a huge black walnut tree). Now I get to learn the real hands on of gardening. Fighting off slugs, fertilizing, weeding.

I’m attaching pictures of our whole back yard (which is primarily filtered shade), before and after. I’m just so proud. We did all the work ourselves. I’ll do another post with just my shade garden and share what I planted.

Thanks again for all your inspiration, ideas and information!!

Here's the yard last August....