Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Gaillardia 'Fanfare' question, 1 by TsFlowers

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TsFlowers

Subject: Gaillardia 'Fanfare' question

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gaillardia 'Fanfare' question
TsFlowers wrote:
Wondering if anyone here has had experience growing Gaillardia 'Fanfare'? Three or four years ago I grew it, but like all my other Gaillardia's it died out after the first bloom year. 'Fanfare' plants are way too expensive for that, so I've never replaced any even though I loved the flowers. And I did harvest most of the seeds thinking that some day I would sow them and see what happened.

I'm kind of confused because I started growing 'Goblin' and it like most, acts like a re-seeding biennial. But this year I got a seedling looking a lot like 'Fanfare'. Now I forget what I've done. I'm not sure if this seedling has come from 'Goblin' (since I just let it/them reseed on its/there own), or if I sowed the seeds I had saved from 'Fanfare' in that spot or same area. So I guess my actual question would be has anyone sown seeds from their 'Fanfare' plants and did they come true or has anyone had seedlings from their 'Goblin' plants look like this?