Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Schreiner's Order the good and the bad!, 1 by av_ocd_girl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright av_ocd_girl

Subject: Schreiner's Order the good and the bad!

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Schreiner's Order  the good  and the bad!
av_ocd_girl wrote:

Well, I am disappointed!!! Not in the Iris, but in the service. I placed an order before I went on vacation and very clearly stated for them to be delivered in Sept. It asks you if you want Aug. or Sept. delivery.

When I got home from vacation the box had been in the post office for 2 weeks already. Dried up and leaves turning. I know they will be OK and will survive, but when you pay top dollar for Iris it's nice to get them in the ground right away and give them a good start before winter.

I've been outside roto-tilling all morning!!! That's why I wanted them in Sept. so I could get home from vacation and have time to prepare a new Iris bed. Now it's rush, rush, rush. DH is gone for 3 weeks so the roto-tilling is up to me. I'd forgotten how hard it is to break ground! LOL

As always they give great bonuses. I received 'Burst of Joy', 'Company Red', 'Dance the Night Away', 'Dodger Blue', 'Feature Attraction', and 'Jamaican Dream' as bonus plants.

I ordered: Black Dragon, Crowned Heads, Decadence, Drama Queen, Dynamite, Edith Wolford, Fragrant Lilac, Mariposa Autumn, Mariposa Skies, Merchant Marine, Orinoco Flow, Parisian Dawn, Ring Around Rosie, Sea Power, Shenanigan, Starship Enterprise, Supreme Sultan, Vienna Waltz, Wonderful World. and 4 SDBs: Big Blue Eyes, Minidragon, Music, and Ruby Eruption.

Y'All are a bad influence on me. LOL So many orders to so many companies, so many beautiful Iris.... I'm a lost cause.

OK .... break over .... back to the rototiller.

Roxanne