Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: August blooms, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: August blooms

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August blooms
Gitagal wrote:
Sally,

Sorry about all the caterpillar damage.....I don't think I have seen any here--but your Garden is a lot more of a "natural" setting. More free-style...You have woods and open spaces nearby--I do not...

I jumped into a discussion on the Brug Forum in a Post called "The sky is falling" and now there is a bit of a discussion going re my Maya.....I believe there has been a misunderstanding. Read Bettydee's post....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1122046/

My Houseguest just left after sitting around here for 6 weeks....same guy that came last Summer....An OLD--OLD friend....but we no longer have anything in common. His sister and her husband had so much going on with the husbands own sister dying of cancer--that they could not "jump in" and have him over to their house (in Elkridge).
I am SOOO behind on my garden work because of all this....it was almost like a forced idleness for me....

Have a lot of deadheading and pruning to do. Lots of seed-collecting also--from the monster Cleomies....
I would like to just cut back the tall stems and let some of the lower growth take over...maybe bloom?
They are SO out of place in my small front bed!!!!

Here!