Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Winter Pot Plants, 1 by Fruity_Sage

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Fruity_Sage

Subject: Winter Pot Plants

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Winter Pot Plants
Fruity_Sage wrote:
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to know if any of you have some ideas for flowers in small pots to sell at a fete. I can pretty well count on some pansies but want to plant some other seeds as well. Something that will grow and flower pretty quickly in small pots in the cold weather.
I'm not used to growing flowers to entertain the eye. I usually grow plants that are edible or companian to edible plants like marigolds. The marigolds that I grow always turn out huge. I'm wondering is there a very small variety that I can grow by seeds?
One other question nothing to do with the above. Why do people put blue bags on bananas?
I found some prickly pear on the side of the road on the highway growing. I stopped the car and dangerously picked some today and it got me and it is was pretty painful. When I got home I put the bits I picked in a pot because I really want to grow those pears. A bit of an experiment really.
Anyway I hope the council didn't spray them. Too late now.
Catch you guys later.