Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Strawberry's & Creme Brugmansia, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: Strawberry's & Creme Brugmansia

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Strawberry's & Creme Brugmansia
GordonHawk wrote:
Thanks Ya'll .... well as Veronica said it looked overgrown.. indeed that part of it is... it's pot is in the takeoff area for my morning glory sail ..a large triangular trellis where all along the fence 20 strings are led up to the top of the weather mast... which sits in the center... the night blooming cereus is an eppi.. a, to me, spineless cactus like a Christmas cactus.. but with gigantic leaves.. much thicker and longer than the CC.. the part where the flowers were is compleatly overgrown by the MG's.. I pick the MG leaves off to open it up to some light.... every bit of green in the flower picture has nothing to do with the flower .. but is part of the MG's trellis attack on the annamometer.. up top of the weather mast..
I imagine a late season hurricane skirting us here ... will bring down the vines and antenna mast..although I've thought this might be the case in years past.. I've never had so much windage up there..
well this is it a few weeks ago... the NBC is at the far leaf ot the line.. in the center front of the photo behind the MG's are 4 or 5 brugs planted in the long thin deep planter there.. it's for first year plants.. and is a real test for them as it's up above the roof so... they catch alot of wind.. the MG's help break this wind for them.. and the planter is always dry.. being so thin [ 4 " ] .. up in the wind... and with all the vines sucking water up to their leaves..