Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Irises: Schreiner's Summer Sale, 1 by Betja

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Betja

In reply to: Schreiner's Summer Sale

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Schreiner's Summer Sale
Betja wrote:
Naomi, great pictures! About Raven Girl, it simply does not have the form I had thought I would get for $50 when I purchased it, and if you look at the catalog picture that I purchased it based on I think you can see why I was disappointed. I like longer falls that fall rather than flaring out horizontally, and I like beautiful ruffles and standards that do not splay open. Your last picture of the lavender seedling is more the type of form I would hope to pay more $$ for. But the crowning blow was that I babied that plant through two bloom seasons and it never bloomed for me! So we definitely were not meant for each other. Your picture of Black is Black shows perfectly the form I really like. I hate to be so critical, but I thought I was going to get that type of flower with Raven Girl and the only time I saw it I was very disappointed. I realize that others will think it is very pretty, but it was just not what I was hoping to get. Oh yes, and you're right -- it was a little too purple for me. Here is my picture of Here Comes The Night, taken the same afternoon, and it was blacker and much prettier to me. And I loved it!