Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Trumpet Vine: Invasive or Wonderful, 1 by MollyMc

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MollyMc

In reply to: Trumpet Vine: Invasive or Wonderful

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Trumpet Vine: Invasive or Wonderful
MollyMc wrote:
Nowheat, I've been looking at some of the vines in my yard. We took a tree down last weekend that our sky vine had latched onto along with the power pole next to it. We pulled down a lot of "Tarzan" size vines. I stuck them in a bucket of water to try and root them. So far they are not dead but no roots yet either. And the same goes for the passion vines, trying to root them too.

Anyway, one of my vines is a honeysuckle, the slowest growing of all of them. I've had mine in for 2 years now and this is the first year for bloom and finally some new runners are sprouting off at the bottom. I love that it's finally kicking off, but I would keep that one nearer to the house for more enjoyment than for covering a junk yard fence.

Actually, you may be able to grow some passion vines out there on that fence. Just looked at the plants data base and the zone may be okay for you. I put 2 purple and 1 red in, 2 years ago and they have almost entirely covered my 90' fence. These vines can't reach too far to trees either. (No more than 3 feet I'd say) I'm trying to root some now, will let you know if they take and if you want some.

:^)
Molly