Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Somebody ate my rhizomes! Help!, 1 by rubia16

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rubia16

In reply to: Somebody ate my rhizomes! Help!

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Somebody ate my rhizomes!  Help!
rubia16 wrote:
IrisMA, I'm not sure if chimpunks and ground squirrels are different or not. I thought the groundsquirrels don't have the stripes but are otherwise the same, with a bigger tail. But I bet there are lots of different similar varmints. We also have gophers, but there are more prairiedog like and they stuff their cheeks. Around here we call the little stripey guys chimpunks. Their tail is not very bushy.

Dhalianut, I would try to trap Damien if I were you. I guess that if you transport them about 6 miles away from your property you will be Damien free! My parents lost all their trees awhile back in a tornado and the homeless squirrels chewed their way into their attic. My dad trapped 8 of them out and took them about 6 miles out, down by the river. They didn't come back.

And here is a picture of a gigantor groundhog in my neighbor's yard. I guess those are just glorified squirrels. I haven't caught him in my yard yet this year, but one of my neighbors reported two in his garden. I guess they are also a possibility.