Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Voting Booth: What is your favorite Farmer's Market item?, 1 by temafilly

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright temafilly

In reply to: What is your favorite Farmer's Market item?

Forum: Voting Booth

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What is your favorite Farmer's Market item?
temafilly wrote:
Hi All,
We have a Sunday morning local market on the racetrack grounds that is more like an rummage sale blown all out of proportion, but there are plenty of fresh selections as well - bought some outstanding Long White 'taties; some of which are now planted in MY patch. Funny story - I told them I was looking for seed potatoes and the young man waiting on me stated they didn't have any. I pointed downwards and said 'yes, you do' and the older gent behind the seller (his son, maybe?) started chuckling and said 'at least SOMEONE here knows a thing or two!) I felt kind of embarassed for the man!
And this gorgeous Dahlia was also found there. The pic is when I'd first purchased it, and it now fills the 12" deck pot with constant blossoms...not bad for $3.00. And of course it and the four others I bought from that vendor will join the other 20 or so and be lifted in fall for further years of enjoyment!
I myself sell Hosta, Daylilies and whatever else I dig up so Oh, Darn if I just happen to have money on hand....he he he...

P.S. I just looked at the tag - she is called 'MAXI PAPAGAYA' and she is fairly new to the market with the earliest articles being found in 2007 or so, and has a slew of pretty sisters. Don't let pics fool you - this bloom is RED...not magenta...not fuchia...clear, true, brilliant RED!

This message was edited Jul 6, 2010 12:04 PM