Perennials: What are you sorry you planted......Part 2, 1 by rockgardner

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rockgardner

In reply to: What are you sorry you planted......Part 2

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What are you sorry you planted......Part 2
rockgardner wrote:
killdawabbit... Opps! Didn't mean Lemon Grass, would love some though, I meant Lemon Balm... just can't get any to establish. Maybe I should be carefull what I wish for!

Yea that is an area I mow, though not as often as my DW would like me to :) There's quite a few things growing in my "lawn" besides grass, though most are fairly harmless as long as I mow them over. Many different areas in my small half acre, all at different levels of maintenance... the only major battle I deal with is the Asian Bittersweet. The Rose Campion is under control, and I could actually eliminate it within a couple of hours but it's not high priority at this time.

Also interesting you mentioned Lambs Ears cause I have 2 patches growing in one of my gardens and it's so welll behaved.

The yellow thing is Alyssum "Basket of gold" (Aurinia saxatilis compacta). Another well behaved perennial (for me) that I've read some people find a bit invasive. See pic of another small patch. I have about 40 new starts going into both areas as soon as the weather cools down. Looking to make a dramatic display for next spring.