Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Do You Use Plans?, 1 by ldy_gardenermd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ldy_gardenermd

In reply to: Do You Use Plans?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Do You Use Plans?
ldy_gardenermd wrote:
yeah it's pretty cool to be able to move the plants around that easily!

I wish Randy showed that much interest in gardening. Unless it's something to big for me to move on my own he remains uninvolved, occasionally if the weeds get REALLY bad in an area that is 'under development' he'll help me pull those out. He's happy to not go to the nursery or plant sales, perfectly content to let me chose what goes where (and plant it) and for the most part avoids gardening of that nature. Now if it's something big that needs to be moved, pruned or a big hole to dig (like the new pond lol) he'll do that, but as for trees and plants he really has no interest.

This is the 'before' of one of the areas I want to change. The grass just does not grow well here, it's little tufts all around and what a dusty mess when I mow. I want to take a few limbs off the pine (it's a Christmas tree his parents planted when they lived here) and maybe a little pruning of the maple (but just of the branches that are touching the ground). The dogwood in the middle looks ratty but boy does it bloom like crazy in the spring so it totally stays!