Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Do You Use Plans?, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Do You Use Plans?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Do You Use Plans?
rcn48 wrote:
I think RCN does a lot of that she knows just what plant she needs for a spot.

LOL, I do "a lot of that" but I'm not so sure about the "just what plant for a spot" part!
I start with a plan but it ALWAYS changes! And what a coincidence that this thread is popping up right when I'm "planning" another area :)

Angie, I have "visions" all the time but the problem is I either lose sight of my vision or totally forget what it was I wanted to plant where! With all the visions I've had in the last few years I've resorted to taking LOTS of photos. When I take a break during the day I'll sit in the different areas and "study" what needs to be changed, added, etc. For the past few weeks I've been slowly moving shrubs that were part of my vision around the Sitting Deck but obviously something went haywire because they don't work there. Too much shade, soil stinks, etc., etc. so I'm moving them out! As I continued to add them along the walk from the Arbor/Steps, every time I sit at the top of the steps for a break from the heat (and sweat!) I've been trying to figure out what I needed to do in "this" area. The original plan when I started the Arbor/Steps three years ago was to extend the path into the field. Well...Rick totally messed up that plan! Two years ago he jumped ahead of me (without consulting me!) and planted Trees and Shrubs in the area! Now I was faced with the dilemma of a Tree sitting right in the middle of where my path was supposed to go :( His solution...forget about the path into the field - no way, this is MY vision! For the past couple of weeks I've been "studying" and this is what I've come up with. I'll fix him, I'm just going to make an island planting around the Tree in the middle of the path! LOL