Photo by Melody
Announcements
The Pixel County Fair is now open for entries! You have until September 11th to upload your crafts, animals and gardens HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Edging and paths..., 1 by ldy_gardenermd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ldy_gardenermd

In reply to: Edging and paths...

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Edging and paths...
ldy_gardenermd wrote:
I have the same landscape timbers as Gita that are stacked two high around another bed. Dh cut them and drove spikes through them to hold them in place. I have another bed that has shale we brought back from NJ, some flagstone that was leftover from the first pond and nothing around it. That bed and one that is close by were supposed to be combined but I could never figure how to separate them from the grass without some sort of edge. I have a bed at the top of the yard with the black plastic stuff, it like Gita's has all but vanished from adding plants and amendments to the bed.

Finally I have the biggest challenge of all the bed in the middle of my driveway. It had landscape timbers cut at angles all the way around it. However.. the Fed Ex guy, the UPS guy and several visitors to my house managed to run over them breaking them into pieces. Now there is nothing there to separate the bed from the driveway and that drives me nuts because I don't want my flowers walking into the driveway which they are doing, but dh and I haven't agreed on any edging. The bed is pear shaped and it slopes down so just one flat thing won't work. Even when the timbers were there we actually need say three high at the bottom and one high at the top.

I am with you on the money issue, I don't like spending it on stuff like this when I could be buying more plants with it!